Academic Advising is a primary contributor to your successful academic experience.
All students enroled in a specific program are assigned a Faculty Advisor from the time of application to Ambrose through to graduation.
Faculty Advisors can help by:
- Offering guidance on course planning, selection and registration
- Advising on degree requirements
- Assisting with planning your course and credit load for each semester
- Providing guidance on career and graduate studies in your related field of study
- Reviewing your degree audit and degree requirements in the Student Registration System
- Connecting you to other resources within the University
While Ambrose makes every effort to assist students in academic advising, the final responsibility for all course selection, program planning and graduation requirements rests with the student.
Students are encouraged to be familiar with the current Academic Calendar including academic policies and to initiate a meeting with their Faculty Advisor.
Open Studies Students
Open Studies students (not enroled in a program) at Ambrose, are encouraged to contact the Office of the Registrar for their advising questions.
Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar can also help you with course selection, program changes, transfer credit, and understanding academic policies and procedures.
Don’t Know Who Your Advisor is?
Your faculty advisor is listed on your Student Registration System. The Office of the Registrar can also verify your advisor.
Appointments can be made with Faculty Advisors as needed, however, students are encouraged to attend the dedicated advising weeks.
Winter 2021 Advising: March 22 – April 11, 2021
New Student Registration Opens: May 1, 2021
Your Enrolment Advisor can connect you directly with your Faculty Advisor