You are here
What to Expect . . .
Want a second opinion? Meet with a tutor for personalized help in developing and expressing your ideas. Our tutors can help you with all types of assignments at any stage in your work, whether you're just getting started or putting on the final polish. We offer both online and face-to-face appointments. Face-to-face appointments occur on campus in various spaces: be sure to check the schedule or your confirmation email for details. Online appointments occur in a virtual classroom, where you can engage with a tutor in real time through audio, video, and screen-sharing technology.
- If you'd like help on a specific assignment, remember to bring all of the instructions you have received (i.e., syllabus, assignment sheet, grading rubric).
- When you complete our online booking form, try to give as much information as possible. If you'd like to work on a general skill (e.g., comma splices) rather than a specific assignment, just let us know!
- Because of privacy considerations, if you are working on a group project, you should either (1) bring just your part of the assignment for review or (2) bring your groupmates along!
- To make sure you get the greatest benefit from your consultation, your tutor will work with you, not for you. Come prepared to learn actively!
Cost: Free to Ambrose students!
To make an appointment, check out our schedule and click on "Book Now." Next, select whether you would like an online appointment or a face-to-face appointment. Appointments may be booked up to 24 hours in advance. After the 24-hour booking deadline has passed, available appointments will no longer appear on the schedule. However, you can still drop in in person to see if we're free for a face-to-face session! Simply check to see which room we're in, and then drop by. At the beginning of his or her shift, the tutor will post a printed copy of his or her schedule on the door of the tutoring room. Our tutors will take drop-ins if they have empty time slots in their shifts.
- If you need to cancel or change your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. Last-minute cancellations are frustrating for our tutors and unfair to other students (who could, perhaps, have gotten help at that time!). Thus, if you do not cancel at least 24 hours in advance, your consultation will be considered a no-show. Of course, we're reasonable people: if an emergency arises after the 24-hour cutoff, please email us directly at email@example.com to explain your situation. We do not count genuine emergencies against students!
- If you are late, your tutor will hold your spot for 10 minutes. After that point, the appointment will be considered a no-show, and your tutor will accept drop-ins.
- If you have two no-shows within a single academic year (July to June), you will be barred from booking further appointments for the year. Your privileges may be restored if you can demonstrate improved time management skills. To discuss this matter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can schedule a maximum of one appointment per day.