You are here
Recruitment & Admissions FAQ on Covid-19
We know life these days looks a little different for everyone, but we want you to know that we are still here supporting you in your next steps towards post-secondary education. We've tried to answer some of the more common questions asked regarding admissions and COVID-19, but if there's something we've missed, please reach out. Our admissions advisors are available.
For the Registrar and Academics FAQ, please click the following link:
Is the Recruitment & Admissions Office still open?
Will admissions staff be available for help and support?
How can I contact the Recruitment and Admissions Office?
Toll Free: 1-800-461-1222
Full a staff list, visit https://ambrose.edu/admissions/contact
How will classes be delivered for Fall 2020?
Classes will be offered through one of the following three distinct teaching delivery models:
- In-person classes
- Hybrid classes
- Online classes
A full description of which courses fall under which delivery model is in development.
Questions for Admitted Students
Will the COVID-19 situation affect new student registration?
New student registration opened on May 1st. Registration packages will be delivered shortly after you are admitted. The method by which all courses will be delivered is still being determined, but should social distancing guidelines be in place in September, we are considering multiple scenarios, including a hybrid model where some classes are in-person and others are online.
Have deadlines for scholarships changed?
We will be extending the deadlines for the following scholarships:
- Church Servant Leadership Scholarship deadline is extended to April 30th
- Endowed Entrance Scholarships deadlines are extended to August 1st
All other deadlines are maintained.
Impacts to Prospective Student
Are you still doing campus tours?
As of July 9th, we are once again providing in-person campus tours! Here are some things you should know before booking:
Ambrose University is following every protocol outlined by Alberta Health Services, which means:
- All visitors must wear a mask while on the premises (if you do not have one, please let us know).
- All visitors must answer a short COVID-19 survey upon checking in at reception.
- All surfaces (doorknows, railings, etc) will be sanitized before and after your visit.
- We will be obeying all distancing rules as set by Alberta Health Services (2m distance at all times).
Other things to note:
- You are welcome to invite up to three other people on your campus visit for a total group size of four (plus the host).
- Your host will also be wearing a mask at all times and will be maintaining appropriate distance.
- For now, we will not be extending tours to our residence buildings. To watch our online residence tour, click here