You are here
Providing great athletics facilities is one way we help to promote our students' wellbeing. All Ambrose students are invited to use the fitness centre, the gym, and the squash courts. Using our athletics facilities you can stay fit, relieve stress, and have fun with your friends.
Ambrose students have full access to the gym, the fitness centre, and the squash courts.
The fitness centre is a place for athletes and non-athletes to lift weights, do some cardio, and improve their overall fitness level. This facility has state-of-the-art equipment and a fantastic northwest view of the Rocky Mountains.
Hours of operation:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 11am - 2pm
Tuesday/Thursday: 4pm - 7pm
New COVID Protocols:
- Must sign up online using the link below prior to your booking
- Only 1 hour timeslot bookings are permitted
- Max. 5 participants will be allowed into the fitness centre at a time
- Please bring your student card to scan at the door for contact tracing purposes
- No access to locker rooms will be permitted at this time
- Please limit bringing backpacks and other gear into the weight room
- Masks will not be required upon entrance into the weight room however social distancing and intensive cleaning measures will be taking place
The Ambrose gym—or the Lions’ Den, as we call it—has a seating capacity of 600 for athletic events. It’s the home of the Ambrose Lions Basketball, Futsal and Volleyball teams, as well as intramural activities.
Athletic Therapy Room
This excellent facility is where the Ambrose Lions go to tend to their wounds after games and practices. It has training tables for taping and therapeutic massage, and an ice machine for tending to joint and muscle pain.
We have a provincial-level squash court in our Residence and Education Centre. Ambrose students, staff, faculty, and alumni are welcome to book this court.
Due to COVID-19 our squash court is currently closed.