Campus Services Operations Coordinator
Reporting directly to the Director of Campus Services, this is a hands-on position that provides an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys a multi-faceted role. The Campus Services Operations Coordinator will be responsible for effectively managing the use and care of campus space; to maintain a systematic approach to safety issues and to ensure a safe and functional office, living and student space.
Main duties include:
- Supervising all aspects of security support on campus;
- Managing employee & student health and safety issues and requests;
- Supporting purchasing and furnishings;
- Provide campus services support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and schedule security personnel;
- Maintain a clear procedural manual for security;
- Administer the door locking and key card access software;
- Manage the video camera surveillance system on campus;
- Daytime role of first responder and security support;
- Maintain the Emergency Response Manual;
- Support the beginning of semester related duties such as: issuing parking passes, keys, and IDs for all students;
- Assist with parking passes, ID cards and keys for new employees and sessional instructors;
Health & Safety (25%)
- Perform weekly inspections of campus and provide support on any safety hazard that is identified;
- Conduct the Health & Safety Orientation of new employees and ensure that each employee has a relevant understanding of facility environmental, health and safety issues.
- First responder to daytime issues or emergencies;
- Conduct annual evacuation procedures;
- Develop internal and regulatory requirements for data collection;
- Reporting and handling any fire codes issues or violations;
- Incident report follow up as needed or required;
- Manage first aid supplies and AED maintenance;
- Provide updates to faculty and staff as needed;
Procurement & Furnishings (30%)
- Develop an asset management system and provide support to the procurement processes (furniture, office equipment, etc.);
- Ensure office supplies are ordered and available;
- Provide research support and sourcing for all related Campus Service’s needs;
- Maintain a clear understanding of all inventory and storage capacities;
- Support the process of reallocation/change of offices;
General Administration (10%)
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks for the Campus Services division
- Operational support as delegated;
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Related post-secondary degree or certification
- Three to five years of related experience
- Prior working experience in post-secondary institution is an asset
- Physically fit with the ability to lift 30 lbs
- Experience and/or knowledge of health & safety systems is desired
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to organize work effectively and meet deadlines and understand priority management
- Strong service orientation approach to the work
- First aid qualification and willing to be a first responder
- Excellent follow through skills with an ability to respond quickly and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Understanding of all components of operations management, including accident investigation, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, safety & security, air quality control, hazardous waste, green conservation, and workers’ compensation.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of MS Office Suite applications.
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and govern the conduct of his or her work, in accordance therewith.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and academic transcripts.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply, please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter Attention to Human Resources email@example.com indicating Campus Services Operations Coordinator in the subject line. Salary expectations are available upon request. Review of applications will begin immediately but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, and History as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at .