Ambrose Covid Response
- The health and wellbeing of students, staff, and faculty will be placed above all other considerations.
- The ability to be on-campus is a privilege and must be treated as such.
- It is important that every individual does their part for the collective health of our campus community.
- Ambrose continues to be in communication with local and provincial governments and public health authorities as we await further announcements regarding post-secondary education in the fall. We will abide by all guidelines and protocols set by the provincial government and Alberta Health Services.
Step-by-Step Guide for Coming to Campus
Before coming to campus
- Remember to bring your mask
- If you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to campus. Please visit the Government of Alberta website for more information.
Upon Arriving on Campus
- Put on your mask and sanitize your hands before touching shared surfaces.
While on Campus
- Sanitize your hands regularly
- Observe directional signs and designated entries and exits
Campuswide approaches to safety and the practice of physical distancing are important as individuals can be without symptoms and still be COVID-19 positive. Individuals who come to campus must conduct symptom monitoring every day before coming to campus or leaving their residence hall room. It is the individual’s responsibility to comply. It is our shared duty as a community to act responsibly.
According to the Alberta Health Services, symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. These symptoms or combinations of symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Any questions regarding the assessment process can be directed to Student Life: email@example.com or call 403-410-2925 or campus security 403-827-0108
Ambrose has developed a series of requirements for all persons coming to campus. If we all work together and follow these requirements, we will lessen the risk of COVID-19 on our campus. These requirements are in-line with the provincial requirements made by Alberta Health Services.
- Masks are to be worn when:
- You are in the classroom
- You are unable to socially distance
- You are not actively eating or drinking
- You are moving around campus
- Students who require a medical exemption to wearing a mask must provide medical documentation that specifically states that the student cannot wear a face mask - firstname.lastname@example.org
- The use of shared items or equipment should be avoided. Equipment that must be shared should be cleaned and disinfected before and after each use and users should wash their hands before and after each use.
In an effort to decrease the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the campus is currently closed to guests. A guest is anyone who is not an Ambrose employee, student, or Board member. Contractors or vendors are not considered guests, but their presence is monitored closely through Facilities Services. A request for an exemption must be approved by Campus Services.
High-risk health groups
Students should evaluate if their personal circumstances surrounding COVID-19 may place them at greater risk. That risk may be the result of their own underlying health condition or age, or it may be due to the health condition of a family member for whom the individual provides care. Ambrose is taking every appropriate precaution to protect our entire community as we return to campus and classrooms.
Residence will be open for the Fall 2021 semester with minimal restrictions in place. In addition to health and safety measures, Ambrose has enhanced programming to increase community and build meaningful connections. Every Residence student will have a single room. For full details on our Residence program, costs, food services and safety protocols in place for Fall 2021 visit the Residence Life page.
In the cafeteria, tables will be separated to maintain physical distancing requirements and to help our staff keep the area clean. We ask that you do not move the tables and chairs. Ordering food will also be different. The cafeteria will have a daily main course with a variety of sides to accommodate different dietary preferences. After ordering, you will tap your card and proceed to pick up your choice while maintaining physical distancing. Each meal service will offer a variety of choices, and costs will vary. The cafe will be open this semester and offering smaller menu items such as coffee and pastries.
Microwaves will be available during the fall semester.
More information about food offerings for the fall will be available shortly.
Spiritual formation is a key component of the student experience at Ambrose. Chapel will still happen on-campus in-person and on-line for those who want to participate from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. We will have worship chapel services on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Masks will be required and physical distancing measures will be in place for chapel. Small groups and other spiritual formation opportunities will also be available.