Education Program Requirements
Applicants must have completed a bachelors degree (minimum 90 credits) with a strong liberal arts component from a recognized university or university college with a minimum average of at least 72% or a GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale on their last 30 credits.
All of the Bachelor of Arts and Science degrees at Ambrose meet the minimum academic requirements for admission to the BEd program, depending on GPA and other documents presented.
Applications are closed when the program is filled. The Bachelor of Education (After Degree) program has limited space; early applications are encouraged and necessary to be considered for scholarships. Admission is competitive based. Only complete applications will be considered for admission.
Bachelor of Education English Language Requirements:
If your primary language is not English, you must demonstrate English proficiency through one of the following:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
100 (iBT) with a minimum sub-score of:
International English Language Testing System Academic (IELTS Academic)
8.0 with no bands below 7.0
Official test scores must be sent directly to Ambrose University by the testing body and the tests must have been taken within the last two years of your application.
Please note: applications for the fall 2021 school year are currently waitlisted; however you are still more than welcome to submit your application and be put on the waitlist.
- Early Application Deadline - March 1 (Scholarships only available for Early Applications)
- Early Admission Tuition Deposit Deadline - June 1
- Regular Application Deadline - June 1 (Scholarships not available)
- Regular Admission Tuition Deposit Deadline - July 1
- Late Application Deadline- August 1 (Scholarships not available)
- Late Admission Tuition Deposit Deadline- information will be provided in your admission letter.
Documents required to be considered for admission:
- Application Form
- Application Fee $70.00 (non-refundable). Late Application Fee $100 (after June 1)
- Official post-secondary transcripts sent directly from institution to Ambrose
- Students whose undergradute degree comes from outside of Canada must have their degree transcript assessed through IQAS at http://www.alberta.ca/iqas.aspx.
- Completed criminal record check
- Must include Vulnerable Sector Search
- To have been issued within a year of intended start date
- Résumé to include all work and volunteer experience, including experience working with children.
- Two Reference Forms to be completed and submitted online by referee, at least one of whom who has overseen the applicant in a role working with children:
- Written Statement (500-750 words):
- Please explain why you are interested in pursuing an elementary education focused degree at Ambrose University.
Your Ambrose Enrolment Team
We are your main point of contact for admission inquiries, program information and for scheduling campus visits. We are passionate about connecting you with the Ambrose community, and are dedicated to your success as a student.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have.
For all enrolment inquiries contact:
Toll Free: 800-461-1222