Education Program Requirements
Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2018.
Applicants must have completed a bachelors degree (minimum 90 credits) with a strong liberal arts component from a recognized university or university college with a minimum average of at least 72% or a GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale on their last 30 credits.
All of the Bachelor of Arts and Science degrees at Ambrose meet the minimum academic requirements for admission to the BEd program, depending on GPA and other documents presented.
Applications are closed when the program is filled. The Bachelor of Education (After Degree) program has limited space; early applications are encouraged and necessary to be considered for scholarships. Admission is competitive based. Only complete applications will be considered for admission.
Bachelor of Education English Language Requirements:
If your primary language is not English, you must demonstrate English proficiency through one of the following:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
100 (iBT) with a minimum sub-score of:
International English Language Testing System Academic (IELTS Academic)
8.0 with no bands below 7.0
Official test scores must be sent directly to Ambrose University by the testing body and the tests must have been taken within the last two years of your application.
- Early Application Deadline - March 1 (Scholarships only available for Early Applications)
- Early Admission Tuition Deposit Deadline - June 1
- Regular Application Deadline - June 1 (Scholarships not available)
- Regular Admission Tuition Deposit Deadline - July 1
- Late Application Deadline- August 1 (Scholarships not available)
- Late Admission Tuition Deposit Deadline- information will be provided in your admission letter.
Documents required to be considered for admission:
- Application Form
- Application Fee $70.00 (non-refundable). Late Application Fee $100 (after June 1)
- Official post-secondary transcripts sent directly from institution to Ambrose
- Completed official criminal record check
- Calgary residents are asked to contact the Security Clearance Unit of the Calgary Police Service
- Residents who live outside the Calgary area are asked to contact the local police service in their local community prior to relocating to Calgary
- Must include Vulnerable Sector Search
- Documented work experience with children to include the following:
- Statement of duties and/or responsibilities
- Description of agency or organization
- One letter of support that describes performance
- Statement of lessons learned
- Three Reference Forms to be completed and submitted online by referee:
- Type-written Philosophy of Education Statement (2-5 pages) - evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Cogency and clarity of thought
- Evidence of understanding of children
- Evidence of understanding the role and place of education in culture
- General overall impression
- This 2-5 pages long philosophy statement identifies then explains the ideas that would guide their practice as an educator. The applicant should identify their guiding ideas regarding five aspects of education: teachers and teaching; learners and learning; schools and classrooms; curriculum and subject matter; and society and culture.
Your Ambrose Enrolment Team
We are your main point of contact for admission inquiries, program information and for scheduling campus visits. We are passionate about connecting you with the Ambrose community, and are dedicated to your success as a student.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have.
For all enrolment inquiries contact:
Toll Free: 800-461-1222