The Admissions Advisor is primarily responsible for increasing the quantity and quality of students enrolling at Ambrose. This position is also responsible for building and facilitating relationships with undergraduate prospects and influencers through networking with prospective students, churches, parents, and schools.
- Represent Ambrose to the community (e.g. church, high schools, home schools)
- Liaise with prospective students, teachers, counselors, parents and pastoral staff to promote Ambrose programs and provide program information
- Identify opportunities where Ambrose faculty, staff, leaders, students can serve and connect
- Responsible for coordinating all travel arrangements as needed
- Coordinate all career fair, conference bookings and logistics to ensure suitable booth space is reserved in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring all pertinent Ambrose marketing materials are distributed at events
- Ensure that professional display booth/table is set up in a timely manner at events
- Initiate and give presentations as needed at events
- Aggressively collect prospective student information for follow up
- Advise prospective students and families on post-secondary options including and promoting Ambrose (admissions, financial aid, and program information)
- Seasonal travel will be required for these responsibilities
- Responsible for following up with inquiries collected at events, through online requests, or through campus visits
- Responsible for increasing the conversion of inquiries to applicants
- Responsible for personal communication with applicants from outside of Calgary
- Responsible for increasing the conversion of applicants to students
- Assist with the coordination of internal events (e.g. Counsellor Breakfasts, Preview Days, Open House)
- Assist team with ongoing daily administrative tasks (answering e-mail, telephone and web inquiries)
- As a member of the enrolment team, all team members are expected to provide assistance to other team members and be willing to work on projects outside of their assigned position description
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree preferably from Ambrose and 1-2 years related experience particularly in customer service
- Ability to quickly learn and maintain substantial knowledge regarding undergraduate and graduate programs offered by institutions
- Strong information technology (e.g. Microsoft Office, Blackbaud) and administrative skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations as required by the Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions
- Ability to manage miscellaneous projects (e.g. travel schedules, assisting with planning events)
- High attention to detail and ability to prioritize within tight deadlines
- Valid driver’s license with clear driving record; eligible to rent a car
- Heavy lifting is involved
- Outgoing, flexible, energetic, optimistic manner
- High energy level that is reflected in good work habits and sound work ethic
- Excellent verbal, written, and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sensitivity and ability to work with a diversity of people and cultural groups
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and to govern the conduct of their work in accordance therewith.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and academic transcripts.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply, please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter Attention to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Admissions Advisor in the subject line. Salary expectations are available upon request. Review of applications will begin immediately but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History, and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.