Assistant Professor, Education - Tenure-Track
Ambrose University invites applicants for a tenure-track position in Education, commencing August 1, 2024. The successful candidate will have teaching, research, and university-based experience preferred in Curriculum and Instruction and Learning Theory.
- Preparation and teaching of classes to pre-service teachers modelling inquiry-based methodology.
- Course load of 18 credits per year.
- Modest program of scholarly research and publication.
- Civic involvement on assigned university committees.
- Willingness to connect with school district partners through site visits.
- Student advising.
Education and Experience
- Candidacy in a PhD. or EdD degree is required. Completion of PhD or Ed. D. is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the university-level with a focus on student engagement.
- 3-5 years of K-12 classroom teaching experience with Permanent Professional Certification.
- Will have either an established or emerging research record.
- Must be able to work as a member of a collaborative team.
- Committed to integrate Christian faith and academic excellence.
- Philosophy of life must be in accord with the policies, objectives, and statements of faith of Ambrose.
- A compensation package commensurate with education and experience is available.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and academic transcripts.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- A relocation allowance may be provided.
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and govern the conduct of his or her work, in accordance therewith.
- Candidates will be committed to the perspective of teacher preparation for service to the public good through public school education.
- Research is supported through annual professional development funds and other programs.
To apply, please send a letter of application and curriculum vitae (CV) with three references as well as a teaching philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Education Tenure-Track Position” in the subject line. Review of applications begins on October 6, 2023; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History, and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.