Assistant Professor, Education, Tenure-track School of Education
Ambrose University invites applicants for a tenure track position in Education, commencing August 1, 2022. The successful candidate will have teaching, research, and university-based experience preferred in Curriculum and Instruction and Learning Theory.
- Preparation and teaching of classes to pre-service teachers modelling inquiry-based methodology
- Course load of eighteen credits per year
- Modest program of scholarly research and publication
- Civic involvement on assigned university committees
- Willingness to connect with school district partners through site visits
- Student advising
- Candidacy in a Ph.D. or EdD degree, required, Completion of Ph.D or Ed. D., preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the University-level with a focus on student engagement
- 3 – 5 years of K – 12 classroom teaching experience with Permanent Professional Certification
- Candidates will have either an established or emerging research record
- Candidates must be able to work on as a member of a collaborative team
- Commitment to integrate Christian faith and academic excellence
- Philosophy of life must be in accord with the policies, objectives and doctrinal statement of Ambrose
- Candidates will be committed to the perspective of teacher preparation for service to the public good through public school education.
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and govern the conduct of his or her work, in accordance therewith.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and academic transcripts.
- Research is supported through annual professional development funds and other programs.
- A compensation package commensurate with education and experience is available.
- A relocation allowance may also be provided.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply for this position, please forward a letter of application and detailed CV with three references as well as a statement of teaching philosophy, to email@example.com indicating Education Tenure-track Position in the subject line.
The position will remain open until filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History, and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.