Assistant/Associate Professor of Business
Start date: January 2023
Our growing School of Business is seeking qualified candidates with expertise in a range of business areas related to accounting, finance, economics, operations, information systems, and project management. The successful candidate will be an established academic with a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field, a record of research publications, demonstrated experience as an effective educator, as well as, related marketplace experience.
- Completed Ph.D. in Business Administration or related field is strongly preferred, ABD will be considered.
- Alternatively, a Master’s degree in a relevant field AND a professional designation may be considered.
- At least five years, university-level teaching experience.
- A strong focus on student engagement.
- The ability to teach standard undergraduate business curriculum.
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate teaching informed by research.
- Commitment to integrate Christian faith and academic excellence.
- Philosophy of life must be in accord with the policies, objectives and doctrinal statement of Ambrose.
- Normal teaching load is six courses per year.
- Research is supported through annual professional development funds and other programs.
- Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A relocation allowance is available.
- Ambrose Faculty Members agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and to govern the conduct of their teaching in accordance with that same standard.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory criminal background check and academic transcripts.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply provide the following information to Ambrose University c/o email@example.com, indicating “Position in Business” in the subject line.
- Letter of application, including:
- Your interest in Christian higher education and how you anticipate your Christian faith would influence your teaching and scholarship if you were a faculty member at Ambrose University.
- How your background fulfills the above description of responsibilities
- Qualifications (include subjects specialization)
- Curriculum Vitae, including:
- All degrees and certifications
- Academic and business work experience
- Scholarly and non-academic publications and presentations
- Community and church service
- The names of three references - please provide phone numbers, email addresses, addresses and nature of relationship
The position will remain open until filled.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with Canadian immigrations requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.