Head Coach, Women's Basketball
The Ambrose Lions Athletics Head Coach gives leadership, implements strategy, acts as a mentor, supervises, and coordinates all facets of the athletics team. The coach will use their knowledge of the sport to assess the skills of the players and improve the overall skill level of individual athletes and the team. The coach will promote team unity and seek to develop the athlete on and off the playing field. The coach will work together with the Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation to organize the team.
Start date: May 1, 2024
- Responsible to lead all aspects of the women’s basketball program in consultation with the Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation.
- Recruit and train athletes.
- Promote athletics and the personal growth of the team.
- Coach and find a team of assistant coaches.
- Seek to fulfill the mission of Ambrose.
- Train and guide the team and the assistant coaches in Athletics’ mission.
- Perform numerous administrative duties that pertain to the team (e.g., seasonal, practice, and budget planning, etc.).
- Contribute to the maintenance and progress of the entire Athletics department.
Education and Experience
- Coaching Certification NCCP Level II attained or in process.
- Experience in a high-performing setting.
- Experience in athletics, leadership, coaching, and administrative tasks.
- Able to recruit, coach, and mentor.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Actively develops and cultivates effective relationships.
- Able to plan practices and budgets.
- Possesses the highest standards of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Optimistic outlook.
- A compensation package commensurate with education and experience is available.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and academic transcripts.
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and govern the conduct of his or her work, in accordance therewith.
To apply, please send a letter of application and resume to email@example.com, indicating “Head Coach, Women's Basketball” in the subject line. Review of applications begins on December 13, 2023; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History, and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.