Head Coach of Womens' Soccer/Futsal Program
As a member of the Lions Athletics and Campus Recreation Department, this person is to give leadership to the Women’s Soccer/Futsal program at Ambrose University.
Main responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for leading all aspects of the Women’s Soccer/Futsal program in consultation with the Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation, including training student athletes in practices and games, promoting academic, athletic, and personal growth, and seeking to fulfill the mission of Ambrose University.
- To recruit and retain student athletes towards degree completion and towards building a competitive and flourishing team culture.
- To build the Soccer/Futsal program through various off-court responsibilities, including recruiting, scouting, video analysis, communicating with alumni, helping run tournaments and camps, supporting academic progress of student-athletes, being involved with the Ambrose and external community, etc.
- To find and lead a team of Assistant Coaches for the Women’s Soccer/Futsal team and to guide these fellow coaches in the Ambrose Athletics mission.
- To perform numerous administrative tasks that pertain to the Soccer team (ie. seasonal planning, practice planning, budget planning, department correspondence, etc.).
- Coaching Certification - either NCCP Certified Advanced Development Coach (old Level II) attained or in process or a minimum of a Soccer National C License, National B License preferred.
- Athletics, leadership, coaching, and administrative experience preferably in a High-Performance setting.
- Recruiting, coaching, mentoring, administration, program planning, leadership and motivation skills, relational strengths, budget competence, and others.
- Possess the highest standards of personal integrity, a strong work ethic and an optimistic outlook.
- Ambrose Employees agree to support and abide by the Ambrose mission.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and signing of a Statement of Faith.
- A full academic year agreement will begin May 1, 2023; an interim casual employee agreement will be provided between start date and April 30, 2023
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply, please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com indicating Head Coach Women’s Soccer/Futsal in the subject line. Review of applications will begin the week of November 14, 2022 and interviewing will continue until a candidate has been selected.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History, and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.