Manager, Recruitment & Admissions
Working within the Enrolment Management department, the Manager of Recruitment and Admissions (Manager) is responsible for the execution of the annual recruitment and admission plan of new undergraduate, education, and seminary students to Ambrose. The Manager leads a strong customer service team that engages with prospective applicants and external stakeholders. The Manager provides quantitative and qualitative data for strategic enrolment and budget planning. The Manager is a member of the leadership team of Enrolment Management.
- Assist the Executive Director in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the annual recruitment plan that is in alignment with the Strategic Enrolment Management Plan (SEMP), including goal setting and building departmental strategies
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, Academic Office, Advancement, and Student Life participate in ongoing assessment and evaluation of the annual strategies and recruitment activities
- In collaboration with the Recruitment and Campus Event Coordinator, manage and direct an annual cycle of audience-specific enrolment events that support recruitment and admission goals, recognizing individual program needs (e.g. campus visits, open houses, Seminary information sessions)
- Manage the travel recruitment strategy of Admissions Advisors which includes recruitment visits to high schools, career fairs, churches, youth camps, retreats, special events, conferences, and Christian gatherings for the purpose of recruiting new undergraduate students
- Manage undergraduate recruitment strategies for mature students
- Manage a Seminary-specific recruitment strategy, ensuring collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Academic Office, Advancement, and President in the recruitment of international students and translate into initiatives with the International Student Advisor
- Initiate new recruitment strategies involving key new audiences in collaboration with the Executive Director and in alignment with the Strategic Enrolment Management Plan
- Collaborate with Chairs and Deans to develop timelines and duties for recruitment initiatives
- Oversee the admission process
- In collaboration with the Enrolment Communications Coordinator oversee the planning of applicant communication cycles and content
- Evaluate and admit students through assessment of applications, including collaboration with Chairs and Deans as necessary
- Recommend to the Executive Director adjustments to admissions policies
- Point person to respond to sensitive inquiries and applications
- Direct the activities and operation of the Recruitment and Admissions team, leading professional and support staff in achieving strategic enrolment goals and serving together as a team, maintaining a positive and productive office environment
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in hiring the Admissions Advisors, Recruitment and Admissions Assistant, Recruitment and Campus Visit Coordinator, International Student Advisor, and Enrolment Communications Coordinator
- Provides daily supervision to Recruitment and Admissions team, helping with problem solving and daily priority setting of tasks
- Hold team accountable for assigned duties and responsibilities
- Point person for planning coverage for sick days and vacations within team
- Conduct annual performance reviews of team, in collaboration with Executive Director
- Provide daily direction to Recruitment and Admissions Assistant
- Budget and Reporting
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in managing departmental budget, including allocating resources and forecasting ongoing budget needs to meet recruitment objectives
- Develop and maintain a robust set of consistent reports with routine analyses necessary to describe performance against recruitment and admissions goals (e.g., inquiries, inquiry to applicant to registrant conversions, historical comparisons, etc.)
- Provide reports for internal and external (government, accreditors, etc.) purposes
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in a post-secondary Admissions Office
- Clean driving record and availability to travel
- Solid administrative ability, organizational insight, and interpersonal skills for team-building and relationship-development in the field
- Strong Information Technology (Microsoft Office, CRM, SIS) and administrative skills
- Clear and concise interpersonal communication; must be comfortable communicating and presenting in small and large group settings and be able to communicate with students and parents
- Advanced knowledge of student recruitment strategies and communication trends
- Ability to think and lead creatively and strategically in response to challenges within today’s student recruitment environment
- An understanding of Christian higher education and ability to articulate effectively the mission and vision of Ambrose
- High energy level that is reflected in good work habits and sound work ethic
- Sensitivity and ability to work with a diversity of people and cultural groups
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and govern the conduct of his or her work, in accordance therewith.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and academic transcripts.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Effective January 1, 2022, to be permitted on campus, all Faculty, Staff and Students will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID 19, or provide proof of a negative rapid test result every 72 hours and the applicant must agree, as a condition of their employment, to comply with such requirement.
To apply, please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter Attention to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Manager, Recruitment & Admissions in the subject line. Salary expectations are available upon request. Review of applications will begin immediately but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History, and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.