Recruitment & Admissions Assistant
A strong customer service role, primarily responsible for the day to day administrative support of the Recruitment and Admissions office.
- Process and file all application documents into database (e.g. transcripts, reference forms).
- Complete all day to day mailings as per department needs, specifically generated through database.
- Assign follow up phone calls to Admissions Advisors.
- Restocking of all enrolment materials around campus in a timely manner (e.g. Library, Reception).
- Data entry as required.
- Creation and maintaining of office files (e.g. events, applications).
- Coordinate materials and display bookings as requested from departments.
- Collect, sort and distribute enrolment incoming mail.
- Responsible for answering the Enrolment phone line and setting up subsequent campus visits, data entry and mailing actions.
- Manage the Enrolment Inbox, prepare and print Blackbaud mailings.
- Schedule and host campus visits in coordination Campus Visits/Events Coordinator.
- Ensure mailings and inquiries are executed in a timely manner.
- Coordination of enrolment projects (uLead, recruitment events)
- Assist Manager of Recruitment and Admissions and Financial Aid Coordinator with ongoing daily administrative tasks.
- As a member of the enrolment team, all team members are expected to provide assistance to other team members and be willing to work on projects outside of their assigned position description.
- Travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree and related experience that demonstrates the ability to work within a marketing environment
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working in Enrolment
- 1 to 2 years’ experience using a student information system (e.g., Blackbaud)
- Ability to quickly learn and maintain substantial knowledge regarding undergraduate and graduate programs offered by institutions.
- Experience in computer technology including Microsoft Office and Student Information System.
- Ability to host individuals or a group of students and parents for campus visits/tours.
- Ability to manage and prioritize miscellaneous projects (e.g. plan campus visit; ensure mailings are taken care of efficiently and in a timely manner).
- Be in agreement with Ambrose’s mission statements.
- Outgoing, flexible, energetic, optimistic manner
- High energy level that is reflected in good work habits and sound work ethic
- Proven ability to provide supervision to staff
- Excellent verbal, written, and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sensitivity and ability to work with a diversity of people and cultural groups
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and to govern the conduct of their work, in accordance therewith.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and academic transcripts.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply, please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter Attention to Human Resources email@example.com indicating Recruitment & Admissions Assistant in the subject line. Salary expectations are available upon request. Review of applications will begin immediately but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History, and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.