Preparations are well underway for Legacy Youth Conference (LYC), to be held on the Ambrose campus from March 17 to 19, 2017. This is the conference’s 71st year! What started as simply as “Youth Conference” in the mid-1940s on the campus of Canadian Bible College in Regina has grown and improved as the years have passed.
Carefully planned and enthusiastically run by Ambrose students, LYC is a place where high school students (grades 10-12) meet with God and learn to go deeper in their faith. Youth groups travel from across the country to join with the Ambrose student body for a weekend full of worship, prayer, Bible teaching and much more.
This year's speaker
Brooklyn Lindsey is a writer and speaker whose expertise comes from 16 years working in the trenches of youth ministry. Known for her down-to-earth style and transparency, her heartbeat is justice advocacy.
She recently founded The Justice Movement, an organization that seeks to mobilize the church through the passion and influence of teenagers in order to interrupt the cycle of poverty and injustice in our world.
- that our strong planning team of 10 students will have continued creativity and that they will be able to maintain a good balance between focusing on their academic assignments and on their LYC responsibilities.
- that the myriad details of the planning process will come together in a timely manner.
- that Ambrose students will be eager to come alongside the planning team, realizing what a great impact this time can have in the lives of our high school delegates.
- for the youth pastors from all across the country who are preparing to bring their students and that the delegates who attend will come with open hearts and minds, ready to engage in whatever God has for them while they’re here.
- for Brooklyn as she prepares to speak God’s Word to us at LYC.
Registration is now open. The early bird cost is $109 per student and $89 per leader--these rates are available until February 1st.