Ambrose is committed to making a significant scholarship investment in an exceptional student who has strong Christian character as well as academic and servant leadership potential. This scholarship is offered to a current high school student whose Ambrose education will enable them to be servant leaders involved in transforming their workplace, church or community for the glory of God.
Presidential High School scholarship applicants will be shortlisted and invited to participate in the Presidential Scholarship competition, February 26-27, 2018 on the Ambrose University campus.
Value: Full Tuition
Deadline: January 31
The Presidential Scholarship provides full tuition for up to four years, eight consecutive semesters or the completion of one degree.
Student Eligibility & Criteria:
The finalist must meet the following conditions in order to receive their original scholarship amount per year until they graduate.
- Ambrose admissions requirements: minimum high school average of 85% in grade 11 and the first semester of grade 12 on the following classes will be required (English 30-1 or equivalent, 3 List A or B classes, 1 List A, B, C or D class, program specific requirements)
- must be enroled in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester
- must make satisfactory academic progress and maintain a 3.0 CGPA for the first year of studies and 3.2 CGPA thereafter
- must be in good standing within the Ambrose community related to responsibilities of membership
- scholarship applies to a maximum of 8 consecutive semesters or one degree
- must live in Ambrose residence for your first two years unless you are married, over the age of 21 or living with a parent/guardian in the Calgary area
- Apply to Ambrose
- Apply for Presidential Scholarship
- Submit two essays (see guidelines)
- Submit a resume
- Presidential Scholarship Church Leader Reference
- Presidential Scholarship Teacher Reference
- Applicants will be shortlisted and if selected, invited to the competition
The competition event will include an interview, a 10-12 minute presentation to the evaluating committee, essay writing, and participation in Ambrose events. A panel of Ambrose faculty and staff will select the finalist following the competition. All participants will be notified within one week of the competition.
Details relating to the weekend will be communicated to the applicants who are shortlisted to participate.
Ambrose reserves the right to not offer additional financial aid, scholarships or bursaries to any student who receives the Presidential Scholarship
Ambrose reserves the right to change or modify this program at its discretion