Arch Wong, PhD, DMin, STM, MDiv, BA (Honours)
PhD (University of Regina)
DMin (Fuller Theological Seminary)
STM (Regis College, University of Toronto)
MDiv (McMaster Divinity College, McMaster University)
BA (Honours) (McMaster University)
I was born in Malaysia and grew up in Canada. I have served at Ambrose for over 18 years. Previously, I was the English Pastor at Scarborough Chinese Alliance Church for nearly 10 years in Toronto, Ontario.
I am a big sports fan of the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and an avid road cyclist.
My current research is in the areas of reflective practice, the relationship between theory and practice, qualitative research methodologies for practical theology, the scholarship of teaching and learning, spiritual formation, and flourishing congregations.
Scholarly & Professional Activity
- Association of Theological Schools Board of Commissioners
- Religious Education Association, Board of Directors (Member At-Large)
- Convener, Asians & Asian North Americans in Religious Education (AANARE)
- Editorial Board, Teaching Theology and Religion
Recent Conference Presentations
- 2016, November 26. (With Bill McAlpine and Keith Walker) Flourishing Congregations in Canada:
- Preliminary Findings. Flourishing Congregations Institute Launch. Calgary, AB.
- 2016, October 28. (With Joel Thiessen) Flourishing Congregations in Canada: Preliminary Observations.
- Society for the Scientific Study of Religion. Atlanta, GA.