Seminary Academic Requirements
- An undergraduate degree or its equivalent from a recognized accredited university, college, or Bible college.
- At least 30 hours of liberal arts & science at the undergraduate level
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 credits of study
Additional Requirements for Applicants to Master of Arts (Biblical/Theological Studies)
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants to the MA(B/TS) program must also meet these requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from a recognized accredited university, college, or Bible college with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- 30 credits in Bible, theology, and language studies with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in these courses
- A writing sample in one of the concentration areas (Old Testament, New Testament, Theology)
Requirements for Mature Students
The criteria to be used for the admission of students without undergraduate degrees (otherwise referred to as '"mature students") to Ambrose Seminary is as follows:
Anyone seeking admission to a Seminary program at Ambrose University as a Mature Student must first complete the Certificate in Leadership or Diploma in Christian Studies, achieving a minimum CGPA of 2.0. If successful, the individual can then pursue one of the following programs:
Master of Christian Studies
Master of Arts in Intercultural Ministry
Master of Arts in Leadership and Ministry
Master of Divinity
Anyone seeking admission to the MABTS program as a Mature Student must first complete an MA, MCS or MDiv program, achieving a minimum 3.0 CGPA.
Mature applicants are usually at least 28 years of age. Mature students are not typically permitted to register for or participate in courses that are not a requirement of their program.