Student Accessibility Coordinator - Full-Time 10-month Renewable Contract
The Accessibility Coordinator is responsible for providing academic accommodations and creating an accessible learning environment that encourages full participation in academic courses for students experiencing disabilities. The Accessibility Coordinator will work with students, faculty and other university personnel to develop or recommend appropriate accommodations for students experiencing disabilities.
Full-time, 10 month renewable contract, August 1 to May 31
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate academic accommodations for students experiencing disabilities responding to students and faculty in a timely, confidential and sensitive manner
- Administrate and review all documentation provided by students for academic accommodations
- Research and apply for institutional and individual disability grant funding in conjunction with Manager
- Oversee and coordinate exam proctoring services
- Work with student, faculty and administrators to address concerns and finding resolutions regarding accommodations
- Provide support to faculty in accommodating students experiencing disabilities
- Develop and coordinate student facilitated peer programs (e.g. note takers, proctors), ensuring professional ethical guidelines are followed
- Provide detailed quarterly and annual reports (internal and external) summarizing relevant services and accommodation activity
- Keep current with associated legislation and developments both provincially and federally, including representing Ambrose regionally
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Psychology, Social Work, Education or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a post-secondary student life or student success office, preferably with direct experience in working with students experiencing disabilities (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and collaborate with faculty and staff on student learning and success
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and to meet deadlines in a high customer service environment
- Ability to think and lead creatively and strategically in response to challenges within today’s student learning environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience in student information system and case management system; ability to learn and seek new technology solutions
- An understanding of Christian higher education and ability to articulate effectively the mission and vision of Ambrose
- High energy level that is reflected in good work habits and sound work ethic
- Sensitivity and ability to work with a diversity of people and cultural groups
- Ambrose Employees agree to uphold and sign the University’s Statement of Faith upon initial appointment and govern the conduct of his or her work, in accordance therewith.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check and academic transcripts.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply, please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter Attention to Human Resources: indicating the Accessibility Coordinator in the subject line. Salary expectations are available upon request. The position will remain open until a candidate has been selected. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University and Seminary is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, and History as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at .