Financing Your Education
Now that you have made one of the most important decisions in your life - to pursue a post-secondary education, you have undoubtedly discovered that it is a considerable investment.
Education is a powerful investment in you. Your transformative Christian higher education will enable you to make a difference in the world. Your footprint whether as a ministry worker at a church or a working professional in the marketplace will influence our world. You are investing in your future! We want to help you make that investment through scholarships, bursaries or student loans. Did you know, according to the Canadian Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, “Alberta continues to provide among the most generous scholarship funding in Canada, with about 47,500 students expected to share in $83 million”. We are here to help you!
Here is a guide that we have put together for your information:
Application for Financial Assistance Application Dates: January 1 - June 1
Financial Assistance Sources
- Family Contributions - family and friends may be happy to help you through monetary gifts. Cash received for birthdays and Christmas may be all the assistance you need!
- Registered Education Savings Plan - contact the provider for information on claiming those funds. Most pay funds in equal installments over 3 or 4 years.
- Available Savings - use savings to reduce or avoid loan payments.
- On and Off-Campus Employment.
- Part time work available throughout the Calgary area and can assist in covering educational costs.
- Ambrose University does provide opportunities for students to work on campus: See Ambrose's job board: Ambrose Opportunities.
- Church Contributions - your Church may be willing to support you through a scholarship fund or special offering for your benefit.
- Employer Scholarships/Bursaries - your parents' employer may offer scholarships or bursaries to family members.
- Student Line of Credit - a loan program run by banks which is usually co-signed by a responsible adult. Funds are available only during the study period (September to April) and function much like a credit card.
- External Scholarships and Bursaries.