Women's Basketball Head Coach
Qualified applications are invited for the following position:
HEAD COACH AMBROSE LIONS WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PROGRAM
Start Date: May 1, 2018
As a member of the Lions Athletics and Campus Recreation Department, this person is to give leadership to the Women’s Basketball program at Ambrose University.
Main responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for leading all aspects of the Women’s Basketball program in consultation with the Director of Athletics and Campus Recreation (AD), including recruiting and training athletes, promoting athletic and personal growth, and seeking to fulfill the mission of Ambrose University.
- To coach and find a team of assistant coaches for the Women’s Basketball team and to train and guide these athletes and fellow coaches in the Ambrose Athletics mission.
- To assist the AD in passing along important ACAC and Athletics information to Basketball athletes including: Student-Athlete Code of Conduct and registration forms; Liability waivers; Eligibility requirements; Drug Education, etc.
- Numerous administrative tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Coaching Certification NCCP Level II (or equivalent) attained or in process.
- Athletics, leadership, coaching, and administrative experience preferably in a High-Performance setting.
- Recruiting, coaching, mentoring, administration, program planning, leadership and motivation skills, relational strengths, budget competence, and others.
- Possess the highest standards of personal integrity, a strong work ethic and an optimistic outlook.
- Ambrose Employees agree to support and abide by the Ambrose mission.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background criminal check.
- In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply, please forward a curriculum vitae and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com indicating Head Coach Basketball in the subject line. Review of applications will begin on February 12, 2018 and interviewing will continue until a candidate has been selected.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, and History as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Education (After Degree), Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. The School of Ministry offers Bachelor of Theology degrees with tracks in Children and Family Ministry; Church Ministry; Intercultural Ministry; and Youth Ministry. Seminary degrees include the Master of Divinity, and a number of Master of Arts options. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.