Ambrose teams are members of the provincial Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) and the national Canadian Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAA). We compete against similar-sized universities, colleges and technical institutes. Our teams have advanced to provincial championships, and our players win awards at the national level.
Athletics COVID-19 Updates - January
‘Pivot’ seems to be the buzz word these days in many facets of life, and I trust you and your family are ‘pivoting’ well amidst these times. The Lions' are pivoting during this unique season in light of COVID-19:
- The ACAC season has been canceled
- Our student-athletes were able to train in the Fall and are planning to train again this Winter semester as AHS and the circumstances allow
- When not allowed to train in the gym and fitness center, online Zoom workouts are becoming the norm!
- We are following an incremental and progressive Return to Train approach, hoping to start with 1 on 1 and small group training and progressing to full team training as AHS allows
- We have added numerous safety measures such as cohorting, screening, and extra sanitization
- We hope to have exhibition games later this semester as AHS directives allow
- Student-Athletes will not be charged a year of eligibility this year
Thank you for your support of the Lions and we hope to see you out at a game soon.
Get more information about athletics at Ambrose during COVID-19 here.
This is the life of a lion
Life is a team sport. At Ambrose, you'll be inspired by your coaches, your team and your community to reach higher, achieve more and perform at your very best -- in everything that you do.
The athletic advantage
Develop skills that stand the test of time -- and that you will rely on time and time again:
- discipline and a strong work ethic
- leadership among peers
- confidence to overcome difficult situations
- selflessness in achieving shared goals