Ambrose teams are members of the provincial Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC) and the national Canadian Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAA). We compete against similar-sized universities, colleges and technical institutes. Our teams have advanced to provincial championships, and our players win awards at the national level.
Athletics COVID-19 Updates
‘Pivot’ seems to be the buzz word these days in many facets of life, and I trust you and your family are ‘pivoting’ well amidst these times. The Lions' are pivoting during this upcoming season in light of COVID-19:
- The ACAC Fall season has been canceled and winter season is still tentatively being planned.
- Our student-athletes will return to campus to train within cohort teams in mid-September
- We are hoping to have exhibition games later in the Fall semester if the pandemic situation and AHS directives allow
- Student-Athletes will not be charged a year of eligibility, which has been some positive news for them amidst a lot of unknowns and difficult news
Although these are unique times and we are disappointed we will not be able to compete in the Fall, we are seeing this as an opportunity rather than a hardship.
Thank you for your support of the Lions' and we hope to see you out at a game soon.
Get more information about athletics at Ambrose during COVID-19 here.
The Ambrose Lions need your help
Can you help us reach our goal to replace our out dated scoreboard?
One of the scoreboards has suffered damage and is not repairable in a cost effective way. We need a new scoreboard in the Lion’s Den and cannot replace it would the help of you and our lions pride!
During this extended off-season, we are looking to replace scoreboards in the Lions' Den. To date, we have received significant matching grants and donations to help us raise the funds for this project. Would you consider helping us raise funds to replace our damaged scoreboards? We have matching funding in place so your gift will have twice the impact!
This is the life of a lion
Life is a team sport. At Ambrose, you'll be inspired by your coaches, your team and your community to reach higher, achieve more and perform at your very best -- in everything that you do.
The athletic advantage
Develop skills that stand the test of time -- and that you will rely on time and time again:
- discipline and a strong work ethic
- leadership among peers
- confidence to overcome difficult situations
- selflessness in achieving shared goals