Health & Safety
At Ambrose, we believe that caring about your health and safety includes looking out for your mental and emotional health. That's why as an Ambrose student you can access confidential, personal, pastoral and vocational counselling at a low cost.
Dr. Jackie Stinton, Registered Psychologist (female)
- Available Fridays from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Carissa Muth, Registered Psychologist (female)
- Available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Counselling Procedures & Policies
- Ambrose substantially subsidizes counselling services; however, there is still a nominal fee of $30 per appointment. Fees for each scheduled appointment will be charged to your student account at the end of each month.
- If you have extended health insurance coverage and you are seeing Dr. Stinton, you will be expected to utilize the insurance for payment through Dr. Stinton.
- If you don’t show up for an appointment and you didn’t notify the Student Development Administrative Assistant 24 hours prior to the appointment, your student account will be charged a $75 fee.
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (A.S.I.S.T) is an intensive, interactive, and practice-doninated course desigend to help caregivers recognize and review risk, and intervene to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. It is by far the most widely used, acclaimed and researched suicide intervention training workshop in the world. If you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts or contemplating suicide, contact one of the following staff members to seek help:
Health & Safety Links