Alliance History & Thought
What is the course about?
Alliance History and Thought is a course which surveys the origins of The Christian and Missionary Alliance movement in its social, cultural, and theological context, with emphasis on its historical continuities and changes, and evaluating Alliance "distinctives."
Why Do I Need to Take This?
Although required for Faculty of Theology programs at Ambrose, those within the denominational licensing process must take this course for credit in order to work within the Alliance denomination.
How do I Register for This Class?
To register for this class as a visiting student (such as someone taking it for licensing purposes), please fill out and submit the following online form: Alliance History & Thought . Please note that those taking the class for licensing must take the class for credit at either the undergraduate or seminary level. If you are a current Ambrose student, you must register via the student portal and have the appropriate pre-requisites.
How Much Is The Class?
Please reference our tuition fees information.
Tuition fees are subject to change without notice. A $250 deposit or full-payment is required when registering for class. This deposit is applied to the total tuition and is not an additional fee. Tuition and fees are due in full prior to the beginning of class. If your church is covering the cost of the your class, please contact Daniel Yu in Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. It is your responsibility that your tuition and fees are up to date.
Please note, a discount equal to 50% off the current credit tuition rate is available for C&MA official workers and Global International workers who are taking the course for licensing purposes and approved by their respective District. Please contact your specific District for more details.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
Textbooks for the Alliance History & Thought course are made available through the Ambrose Bookstore (403.410.2000 ext. 2939)
If you're looking to stay with us on campus, please contact us by email (email@example.com) for accommodation information. Unfortunately Ambrose has no provision for shuttle service between the airport and campus.
- HI 362/REL 362 Alliance History & ThoughtLevel of Instruction: UndergraduateLocation: OnlineLanguage: EnglishDate & Time: regular winter semester - January 10 - April 14, 2022 @ TBD
- REL 362-OL - 1 Alliance History & ThoughtLevel of Instruction: UndergraduateLocation: OnlineLanguage: English
- CH 610/TH 640 Alliance History & ThoughtLevel of Instruction: SeminaryLocation: OnlineLanguage: EnglishDate & Time: regular winter semester - January 10 - April 14, 2022 @ TBD
- HI 362/REL 362/CH 610/TH 640 Alliance History & ThoughtInstructor: Bernie Van De WalleLevel of Instruction: SeminaryLocation: Horizon College, Saskatoon, SK (in person)Language: EnglishDate & Time: April 25-29, 2022 @ 9:00am-4:00pm
- HI 362/REL 362/CH 610/TH 640 Alliance History & ThoughtLevel of Instruction: SeminaryLocation: in person on campus with Zoom optionLanguage: EnglishDate & Time: May 2-6, 2022 @ 9:00am-4:00pm
- HI 362/REL 362/CH 610/TH 640 Alliance History & ThoughtInstructor: Bernie Van De WalleLevel of Instruction: SeminaryLocation: Canadian Pacific District, exact location TBD (in person)Language: EnglishDate & Time: May 16-20, 2022 Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Contact the Office of the Registrar
If you require assistance, please contact the Office of the Registrar at your earliest convenience
Monday to Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
403-410-2905 | 403-571-2556 | Send us an Email