Recruitment and Campus Visit Coordinator
A strong customer service and sales role, primarily responsible for planning and overseeing on-campus recruitment events, coordinating the campus visit program, and leading the Student Ambassador contact center and campus visit program to help meet department yearly goals. Evening (2-3 evenings weekly September through May) and weekend work will be required.
- Responsible for the coordination and development of effective Open Houses (fall and winter), Preview Days, Program-specific events, and other internal recruitment visit events.
- Responsible for ensuring group and individual campus visits are planned and executed effectively.
- Train Ambrose students to give tours to prospective students and their families.
- Work with the Enrolment Assistant to coordinate planning and follow-up for visits.
- Set specific targets and goals for the amount of campus visits each school year.
- Responsible for campus visits bookings in JRM.
- Hire and train part-time student workers to represent Ambrose.
- Liaise with faculty and Manager on training and goals.
- Schedule student ambassadors to accomplish the contact center’s weekly and monthly contact goals while developing a schedule benchmark for future operations based on enrolment needs.
- Supervise the student ambassadors on a daily basis:
- Provide students a list of inquiries/prospect to text, telephone, or e-mail each day with specific scripting to increase new student enrolment.
- Motivate student workers to achieve personal and team goals.
- Produce reports based on ambassadors’ weekly completed actions.
- Recruit a group of 15-20 volunteer ambassadors to assist with other on-campus events and youth group events as required.
- Responsible for recruitment and training this group at the beginning of each semester.
- Develop inquiry communication (e.g., texting, phone) plan in coordination with the Manager at the beginning of each semester, and report on inquiries each month.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a post-secondary recruitment and admissions office.
- Ability to plan, organize, train, and develop a professional contact center using part-time students from Ambrose.
- Capacity to quickly learn and maintain substantial knowledge regarding undergraduate and graduate programs offered by institutions.
- Strong information technology (Microsoft Office, JRM (or comparable customer relationship management system) and administrative skills.
- Experience in event planning.
- Ability to host individuals or a group of students and parents for campus visits and tours.
- Ability to manage miscellaneous projects (plan events, develop training materials for student ambassadors, etc).
- Be in agreement with the Ambrose mission and doctrinal statements.
- Must have a quality of spirit that will be reflected in a growing relationship with God and interpersonal relationships.
- High energy level that is reflected in good work habits and sound work ethic.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to provide supervision.
- Positive, approachable and friendly disposition.
- Sensitivity and ability to work with a diversity of people and cultural groups.
- Excellent verbal, written, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Innovative, with an ability to bring new ideas to the team.
- Adaptable and able to function effectively in a busy and challenging work environment.
- Possess the highest standards of personal integrity, a strong work ethic and an optimistic outlook.
To apply, please send a letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Recruitment and Campus Visit Coordinator” in the subject line. Review of applications begins on March 15, 2023; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Ambrose University is committed to employment diversity and encourages applications from all qualified men and women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Ambrose University is a private, accredited Christian post-secondary institute located in South West Calgary. Our Faculty of Arts and Science offers provincially accredited Bachelor of Arts degree programs majoring in Behavioural Science, Christian Studies, English Literature, General Studies, History, and Psychology as well as Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Music, and a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biology. We also offer a Bachelor of Education (After Degree). Our Faculty of Theology offers undergraduate degree programs in Children’s Ministries, Church Ministries, Intercultural Studies, Worship Arts and Youth Ministries. At the Seminary level there are a variety of graduate options including Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Christian Studies as well as Diploma and Certificate programs. Ambrose is committed to the integration of Christian faith with academic discipline, with a vision for academic excellence in the service of the church and the world. For more information visit us online at www.ambrose.edu.