Seminary Online & Modular Course Information
Seminary online courses provide you, the student, with a greater degree of academic flexibility, bringing the classroom right to your home! The format of the eight week long courses will mostly be asynchronistic. For example: chat rooms, threaded discussion, text, video, and so on. In addition, there may be one to two synchronistic (live) classes.
See All Flexibile Seminary Learning Options Online Seminary Courses
Registration and Financial Policies
- Registration and tuition/fees are due for all modular courses by noon (12:00pm) on the first day of class.
- Students may drop a modular course and receive a full refund (minus the $250 tuition deposit if during the Fall semester) prior to the second session of the first day of class (ie. before 1:00pm on the first day of class). No tuition refund will be issued after this deadline. Students who withdraw from a course after this deadline will receive a "W" on their transcript indicating withdrawal.
- Students may voluntarily withdraw without academic penalty only prior to completing 70% of the course (ie. the fourth day of class). Students who withdraw from a course after this deadline will receive a final grade of "F" for the course and will not receive tuition and fee reimbursement.
- All registration changes must be made either through the Student Portal, www.students.ambrose.edu or through the Office of the Registrar. If you would like to add or drop a course outside of regular business hours, please email the Office of the Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline.
Ambrose academic policies are published in the current Academic Calendar, which is available through the Office of the Registrar or on the Academic Calendar page. Students are responsible to become familiar with and adhere to these policies.
Syllabi, Coursework, Due Dates and Course Information
All coursework requirements, due dates, and coursework submission information are clearly stated in each course syllabus. Coursework submitted after the due date, without prior approval of a formal request for a time extension, will receive a final grade of "F."
To request a time extension, please complete and submit the Extension Request form to the Office of the Registrar.
Requests for a time extension will be considered only in the following circumstances:
- The quality of prior coursework has been satisfactory;
- circumstances beyond the student's control, such as an extended illness or death of a family member, make it impossible for the student to complete the coursework on time; and
- the student submits an Extension Request form to the Office of the Registrar at least two weeks prior to the due date, as indicated in the course syllabus.
Notification of Grades
Final grades will be made available to you via the Student Portal. If you need information on how to sign in, please contact our IT department - email@example.com.
Required textbooks are available for purchase from the Ambrose Bookstore. A list of textbooks is available at http://www.ambrose.edu/bookstore. The bookstore is located on the first floor of the administration building. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course registration fees at Ambrose include computer and Internet access. Please contact the IT department for further details at email@example.com. Student computer stations are available in the Ambrose Library. The Ambrose IT department is located on the second floor in room L2110.
Ambrose Library Location & Parking Dining Options
The Ambrose Residence is available to students during the Spring semester who are taking Spring Modules with nightly and weekly rates:
- Nightly: $34 (basic - single) or $27 (basic - double) *Prices subject to change
- Weekly: $153 (basic - double occupancy) / $204 (basic - single occupancy) *Prices subject to change
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Elly Wick at EWick@ambrose.edu or 403.410.2940 if you would like to reserve a room at a local hotel, located approximately 10 minutes away from the campus. Cost: $105 plus taxes per night for double occupancy. Please email your request with the following information:
- dates/nights room required,
- name(s) of guests,
- credit card number,
- name on card and expiry date