Life Happens and we all need someone to talk to and help. Our Ambrose Counselling team is here for you and wants to help you. Ambrose has a variety of counsellors on-site or on-line to help you navigate a wide range of concerns that impact your academic performance and your overall well-being. This may include relationship concerns, stress, feeling overwhelmed, loneliness, feeling depressed, or addiction. Ambrose wants to support you to get the help you need.
Counselling Services will begin again after classes start for the fall semester. (In order to allow as many people as possible to access these services, we kindly request that you only book a maximum of 2 sessions in advance).
If This Is An Emergency, Please Call 911
There is someone always ready to talk to you (24/7) at the Distress Centre
Billing for 2021-2022:
The first 5 sessions will be covered by Ambrose and there will not be a charge* for these sessions. After this, you will be charged $50/session to your student account.
* no-show charges will still apply for sessions cancelled/rescheduled within 24 hours of the appointment time.
Please see Counselling Policies & Procedures below for more details.
Billing Information for Spring Semester Counselling
For those who are taking classes in the spring semester, your coverage for the year (first 5 sessions are free, then $50/session) will extend through the spring semester.
For students who are not taking classes in the spring semester, but have been this past academic year, the Ambrose counsellors will be available to you until the end of June for the cost of $50/session (this will be billed to your student account and will need to be reconciled by August 1).
Counselling over the summer (July & August) - there will be no counselling available. You can connect with counsellors through their private practices or access counselling and other services through your I.M Well app.
9 am - 2 pm (online or in-person)
12 pm - 3 pm (online or in-person)
9 am - 12 pm (online or in-person)
4:30 pm - 7:30 pm (online)
9 am - 3 pm (online)
Please note: Counselling appointments are booked on an every other week basis.
Vince Urquhart, MDiv, MA
Registered Psychotherapist, Professional Counsellor
Monday: 9 am – 2 pm (online or in-person)
Wednesday: 12 pm – 3 pm (online or in-person)
Vince understands the emotional and physical turmoil of anxiety both as therapist and through personal experience. He practices a faith-based approach to counselling, integrating Christ centred counselling with psychotherapy. He has 20+ years of experience in pastoral counselling and ministry, spiritual coaching, church planting, missions work and pre-marital and marriage counselling. Vince is a licensed therapist specializing in anxiety disorders, marriage, pre marriage, depression, grief and life transitions.
Elizabeth Forbes, R. Psych
Registered Psychologist, Professional Counsellor
Thursday: 9 am – 12 pm (online or in-person)
Thursday: 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm (online)
Elizabeth practices from a trauma informed perspective providing a safe, comfortable space to help facilitate change and healing. Some of the key areas of Elizabeth's training and expertise are in complex trauma, PTSD, addictions, eating disorders, and anxiety and depression. Her counselling philosophy is based on a client centered perspective within a spiritual and existential context. Types of therapy she is trained in are CBT/DBT, Narrative Therapy, Internal Family Systems, Schema Therapy, Gottman Couples Therapy, EMDR, and she utilizes these approaches in an integrative style in order to provide each client an individual experience, specific to their needs.
Dr. Jackie Stinton, PhD, R. Psych
Registered Psychologist, Professional Counsellor
Friday: 9 am – 3 pm (online)
Jackie offers an honest, non-pathologizing and collaborative process of understanding human nature and our individual perceptions, experiences and challenges. She works from a clinical counselling model which incorporates elements of psychological theories suited to the individual client. As well, her philosophy of counselling incorporates both the psychological and the spiritual dimensions of being human.
Counselling Procedures & Policies
- Counselling appointments are booked on an every other week basis.
- You will be able to request a receipt for any sessions billed to your student account for claiming through your insurance. Please send proof of payment to email@example.com to request this.
- Please book and cancel/reschedule your appointments online through Calendly. You will be able to cancel or reschedule your appointment through the confirmation email that you receive when you book the appointment. Please make every effort to cancel or reschedule your appointment via this means. If you are experiencing any kind of technical difficulties with your appointment, please contact the Student Life Administrative Assistant.
- No Show Fee: If you don’t show up for an appointment and did not cancel or reschedule 24 hours before the appointment, your student account will be charged a $75 fee. If there are extenuating circumstances, please contact the Student Life Administrative Assistant.