Life Happens and we all need someone to talk to and help. Our Ambrose Counselling team is here for you and wants to help you. Ambrose has a variety of counsellors on-site or on-line to help you navigate a wide range of concerns that impact your academic performance and your overall well-being. This may include relationship concerns, stress, feeling overwhelmed, loneliness, feeling depressed, or addiction. Ambrose wants to support you to get the help you need.
Counselling Services will begin again after classes start for the fall semester. (In order to allow as many people as possible to access these services, we kindly request that you only book a maximum of 2 sessions in advance).
If This Is An Emergency, Please Call 911
There is someone always ready to talk to you (24/7) at the Distress Centre
Billing for 2022-2023:
The first 5 sessions will be covered by Ambrose and there will not be a charge* for these sessions.
NEW THIS YEAR:
As an Ambrose student, Ambrose offers their students five therapy sessions per academic year and pays the full fee for these sessions. Should you and your therapist determine and agree that more sessions are required, with your consent, your therapist will request a therapy extension from Student Life. This is reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will be determined by Student Life. Should an extension be granted, Ambrose bills students $50.00 per session for all sessions beyond the initial five.
* no-show charges of $75 will still apply for sessions cancelled/rescheduled within 24 hours of the appointment time.
Please see Counselling Policies & Procedures below for more details.
9am - 2pm
5pm - 8pm
1pm - 4pm
9am - 12pm
12pm - 2pm, 4pm - 5pm
3:30pm - 7:30pm (online only)
12pm - 1pm (online only)
12:30pm - 4:30pm
Please note: Counselling appointments are booked on an every other week basis.
Book Online here:
Vince Urquhart, MDiv, MA
Registered Psychotherapist, Professional Counsellor
Monday: 9am – 2pm
Wednesday: 9am – 12pm
Book with Vince:
Vince understands the emotional and physical turmoil of anxiety both as therapist and through personal experience. He practices a faith-based approach to counselling, integrating Christ centred counselling with psychotherapy. He has 20+ years of experience in pastoral counselling and ministry, spiritual coaching, church planting, missions work and pre-marital and marriage counselling. Vince is a licensed therapist specializing in anxiety disorders, marriage, pre marriage, depression, grief and life transitions.
Elizabeth Forbes, R. Psych
Registered Psychologist, Professional Counsellor
Thursday: 3:30pm - 7:30pm (online only)
Friday: 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Elizabeth practices from a trauma informed perspective providing a safe, comfortable space to help facilitate change and healing. Some of the key areas of Elizabeth's training and expertise are in complex trauma, PTSD, addictions, eating disorders, and anxiety and depression. Her counselling philosophy is based on a client centered perspective within a spiritual and existential context. Types of therapy she is trained in are CBT/DBT, Narrative Therapy, Internal Family Systems, Schema Therapy, Gottman Couples Therapy, EMDR, and she utilizes these approaches in an integrative style in order to provide each client an individual experience, specific to their needs.
Dana Delorme, R. Psych, Art Therapist
Registered Psychologist, Art Therapist
Wednesday: 12pm - 2pm, 4pm - 5pm
Friday: 11am - 1pm (online only)
Book with Dana:
Dana is a Registered Psychologist and Art Therapist with fifteen years of counselling experience, who practices from a body, spirit, mind framework and is a trauma-trained, art therapy trained, spiritually trained, somatic-based therapist. Dana draws primarily from Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Internal Family Systems, Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and will collaborate with you to establish a focus for your counselling journey and will tailor the approach in a way that best fits you. Dana's areas of focus include anxiety, depression, emotional dysregulation, stress, distress, trauma, experiences of sexual violence, addiction, grief, relationship concerns, life transition, attachment disruption/injury.
Decia McTavish, Practicum Student
Practicum Student, Masters of Counselling
Monday: 5pm – 8pm
Tuesday: 1pm – 4pm
Book with Decia:
Decia believes in the process and benefits of counselling, beginning from personal experience and growing through professional experience. She is a practicum student, working to complete her Master’s in Counselling, and her client-centered approach draws from an eclectic variety of techniques to meet the client within their individual needs. She works to create a non-judgmental and honest space where all struggles are met with compassion and care in the collaborative journey towards healing and understanding.
Counselling Procedures & Policies
- *NEW THIS YEAR* As an Ambrose student, Ambrose offers their students five therapy sessions per academic year and pays the full fee for these sessions. Should you and your therapist determine and agree that more sessions are required, with your consent, your therapist will request a therapy extension from Student Life. This is reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will be determined by Student Life. Should an extension be granted, Ambrose bills students $50.00 per session for all sessions beyond the initial five.
- Counselling appointments are booked on an every other week basis.
- Please book and cancel/reschedule your appointments online through Jane. You will be able to cancel or reschedule your appointment through your online profile with Jane. Please make every effort to cancel or reschedule your appointment via this means. If you are experiencing any kind of technical difficulties with your appointment, please contact the Student Life Administrative Assistant.
- No Show Fee: If you don’t show up for an appointment and did not cancel or reschedule 24 hours before the appointment, you will be charged a $75 fee. If there are extenuating circumstances, please contact the Student Life Administrative Assistant.