Indigenous Careers Award
The Indigenous Careers Award is designed to encourage Indigenous Albertans (First Nations, Metis and Inuit) to pursue and complete post-secondary studies in certificate, diploma, applied degree and bachelor's degree programs.
$2,000 per semester / maximum of $4,000 in an academic year
Students must be enrolled in a certificate, diploma, applied or bachelor’s degree program.
All program bands are eligible for the Indigenous Careers Award.
To Receive This Award:
- The Fall 2022 and/or Winter 2023 term (a term is defined as a study period of up to 17 weeks in length),
- At least 60% of a full course load (40% of a full course load if you are a student with a documented permanent disability).
- Have satisfactory academic standing, as determined by the school.
You must also meet all of these eligibility criteria:
- Be a Status Indian/First Nations, Non-Status Indian/First Nations, Métis or Inuit and be able to provide a copy of proof of Indigenous ancestry
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or have protected person status under:
- Be a resident of Alberta.
Application Deadline: Fall - November 5
Winter - February 5
Indigenous Careers Award Application
For complete eligibility criteria and to access the application, contact:
Financial Aid & Awards Coordinator