BEd Honour Awards
At graduation each year, the Education Faculty acknowledges three students for professional, service and academic leadership.
Professional Leadership Award
To be presented to a student who meets the following qualifications:
- Has achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or more during the final year of the program.
- Has demonstrated and modeled the mission of the program as being reflective, innovative and engaging in their classwork and Field Experiences.
- Has demonstrated and modeled true professionalism in their relationships with students, faculty, and staff and in his or her conduct on campus.
Service Leadership Award
- Has participated in activities designed and implemented to attend to the spiritual formation of students.
- Has shown maturity and grace in responding to constructive criticism, guidance, and advice given to them by mentors, faculty advisors, partner teachers.
- Has shown the true heart of a volunteer by looking for ways to serve their fellow students, and the faculty and staff of the program thereby exemplifying the disposition and habits of a teacher who will give freely of their time, patience, and love to others.
Academic Leadership Award
- Has achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher during the final year of the program.
- Has met with exceedingly high distinction the competencies required for Interim Professional certification during their field experiences (FE 500, FE 600, FE 700).
- Has demonstrated mature responsibility and consistency in class attendance, punctuality, and quality of work.