You are here
Pray for Ambrose
We in the Ambrose community believe in prayer and value your prayers. Please join us in praying for our campus:
From Helen Thiessen, Director of Enrolment Management
- Church Travels: Our Advisors are working with a number of churches across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba to come to their youth groups and get to know their students. Pray for safety in travel and strong connections.
- Prospective Students: This is the time where our prospective students are praying about their future and making plans for post-secondary. Pray for guidance, affirmation, and direction.
From Barb de Bruyn, Music Coordinator
Outreach Events: Please pray that the students involved in these events would see that Ambrose is a good place for a post-secondary education.
Choir Collaboration, February 23: Six high schools, with about 180 students are participating. Pray that the practice times and concert would go well.
March 3 Jazz Day: Pray that many jazz students will participate and that the day would run smoothly.
Please pray that:
- each performance would glorify God
- we will reach an ever-widening audience base and that Ambrose would be seen favourably
- the performers, especially the concerto soloists, would be calm and play well
- we would have wisdom in planning all of these events, that no details would be missed
- the weather would be good so no one will be prevented from coming to the concerts
March 4 Ambrose University Singers at Grace Presbyterian Church
March 16 Concerto Concert April 3 Jazz Concert
March 24 Messiah April 6 Gala Concert
from Albert Elliott, HR Director
We highly value our faculty and staff at Ambrose University, where we integrate faith and learning. During each semester everyone is stretched as we seek to serve our students and impart knowledge.
- For wisdom as the Education and Psychology search committees evaluate candidates for the fall
- That staff and faculty will be honest and fair as they complete the upcoming employee engagement survey
- That we can maintain the strong unity of purpose that currently exists
- For wisdom as we interact with many students … this is our strength but it can be demanding
Legacy Youth Conference
From Matt Wilks, Director
Our registration number is currently at 440 people. These people come from 27 churches and many churches are attending for the first time. As a point of reference, we are about 100 people away from selling out as of the early bird deadline, February 1st.
Lane Moss from Christ in Youth in Joplin, Missouri is our speaker and the theme for this year’s conference is: Awaken. Each day brings new opportunities, new moments of God at work in the world. But do we notice? What would happen if we all awaken to God's purposes for us and follow the Spirit's leading? How would we change? How would our world change?
- For the Central Planning Team - Trent McDowell, Spencer Young, Samantha Klassen, Samantha Hancock, Blake Milliken, Cam Hutchinson, Nadene Frank and Matt Wilks. Pray for the over 175 student volunteers that will contribute in a variety of ways to the success of the weekend.
- For all the facility team and staff as we transform Ambrose into a working space for the over 500 students and leaders that we are expecting to come to the weekend.