You are here
Pray for Ambrose
We in the Ambrose community believe in prayer and value your prayers. Please join us in praying for our campus:
From Bev Ross, Registrar
We’re in the midst of exam season and preparing for graduation. The three commencement ceremonies (Undergraduate, Seminary and Education) will take place on Saturday, April 28. If you are unable to join us on that day, you can watch them online.
In the meantime, please pray:
- For perseverance for the students as they complete their semester, that they will finish well.
- For wisdom for the grads as they make plans for the time following graduation.
- For students who are struggling, that they will seek help.
- For faculty as they set final exams and mark multitudes of both exams and assignments
- For the Registrar’s Office staff as this is a very busy time of year for them as the semester is coming to a close and graduation is on April 28th.
- That the plans for graduation will go smoothly as we all prepare to celebrate with our grads.
From Steve Morris, Director of Information Technology
As the winter semester winds down, the Information Technology department is ramping up to prepare for summer hardware and software installs. For IT staff, the summer is an intense four- month period of installing and configuring many Ambrose technology pieces crucial to the community.
Some of our specific prayer requests:
- A favourable US to CDN exchange rate to lower the cost of items we need to purchase. Many of the items that we purchase come from US based hardware and software.
- Timely delivery of products to the campus to allow for deployment during this our 4 month window. As with many purchases, the delivery of items to campus can be problematic if the item has to be shipped either from the US or directly from a factory in Asia.
- Wisdom in the installation and configuration of technically advanced items. While we are very blessed by a knowledgeable team in IT, a number of this summer’s projects require a great deal of configuration to function correctly.
English Educational Travel Study led by Jonathan Goossen and Darren Dyck
Dates: April 28-May 13
Please pray for:
- Safety and good health
- Good will and collegiality among the students. They generally get along well, but inevitably, after several days of close quarters, irritations may arise.
- Intellectual growth, deeper understanding of how human beings across history have understood and written about their lives and ideas, and how this reflects the image of God in us.
Choir Travel Study led by Don Quantz and Barb de Bruyn
Dates: May 1 – 13
Please pray that we will:
- Glorify God in all of our performances and travelling
- Be safe in our travels – on the plane there and back
- in London as tourists using public transportation
- in the rest of England as we travel by coach
- Build community as a group and be able to share that with the people we meet
- Be able to sleep each night