How to Make a Payment
How to Make a Payment
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, our office hours will vary. Please contact the Student Finance Office: firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment or if you have any questions!
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we strongly encourage making your payment online. We will still be open for in-person payments with preventative measures in place.
We will accept:
- Personal Cheques - ensure you write your name and Student ID# on the memo line
- Bank Drafts - ensure you write your name and Student ID# on the memo line
- Interac - be aware of the daily transaction limits of your debit card. Most debit cards generally have a $1000 daily limit
We will not be able to accept:
- Credit Cards (you will be able to use your credit card via Plastiq, please see below)
Note: Due to the evolving Covid-19 Pandemic, our regular office hours may vary. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
You can mail a personal cheque or bank draft. Please write your name, Student ID# and a description of what you are paying for appears on the memo line or on a note.
You can send email transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your Student ID#. If a password is required, please use your student ID #.
Ambrose University can be set up as a bill or payee through any of the major banks in Canada. Other credit unions also allow Ambrose University as a payee through their bill payment system.
Steps to set up a bill payment with your bank:
- Navigate to your bank's website and log-in
- If this is your first time, you will need to add Ambrose University as a bill or payee. Navigate to the bill payments portion of your online banking webpage and click on "Add a Bill" or "Add a payee". Search for Ambrose.
- Enter your student ID# as the account number. Your student ID# is unique and will identify your payment for your student account
- Save the information
- Once you have created a profile for Ambrose, you can navigate to your list of payees/bills and create payments.
- It will take at least a business day for your payment to show up on your account.
You can pay your tuition, mandatory fees, residence and meal plan fees with your preferred credit card via Plastiq. Plastiq is a third-party service provider that provides an online platform for credit card payments. Please review their Terms of Service before using. Plastiq charges up to a 2.85% fee per transaction.
To use Plastiq to make a credit card payment:
Go to Plastiq to pay via credit card.
Plastiq FAQ and Help
- Adding and Managing Recipients
- Adding and Managing Cards
- Plastiq charges a fee of 2.50% per transaction. For each payment, you will see two charges on your credit card statement. One for the principal amount (ie. tuition); the other is for the service fee payable to Plastiq
- It will take several business days from the time you pay to when it shows up on your student account. Please keep this in mind if you select this method of payment.
- If you experience any problems with this method of payment, contact Plastiq directly. Their contact information is available here:https://www.plastiq.com/about-us?contact=1
Ambrose is a Participating Institution in the Higher Ed Points program. Simply redeem 35,000 miles from the Aeroplan reward catalogue and receive a $250.00 credit which can be put toward your Ambrose tuition, residence, or meal plan fees. Friends and family members may also redeem their points in support of your education.
Aeroplan and Aeroplan logo is a registered trademark of Aimia Canada Inc. TM Trademarks of Eduwiki Inc. Used under license by Higher Ed Points Inc.
Ambrose University has partnered with Flywire to accept payments from international students worldwide. Easily and securely make education payments in your own currency, using local payment methods from the safety and convenience of your home. With real-time tracking and 24x7 multilingual support, millions of students and families around the world trust Flywire for payment processing.
Did you know
- Flywire is the global market leader for education payments, trusted by 2,000+ institutions and 1.6+ million students worldwide.
- Flywire offers convenient payment options from over 240 countries and territories, in more than 150 currencies.
- Flywire supports a variety of local payment methods including bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more.
- Flywire guarantees payment as soon as funds are received in any of our accounts around the world.
- Flywire offers peace of mind by providing real-time payment tracking every step of the way through email, in-app and text alerts.
- Flywire offers 24x7 multilingual support via email, phone or live chat.
- Flywire provides a secure and streamlined refunding process with automatic tracking notifications.
- Flywire’s internal controls ensure that funds are secure and protected against fraud.
- Flywire provides a Best Price Guarantee: if you find a better exchange rate at your bank within two hours of booking a local currency bank transfer with.
- Flywire and send us a quote from your bank, we will match it.
Get Your Student Account Balance
- Log-in with the username and password that you received from the Help Desk
- If you do not have this information, please contact the Help Desk by email: email@example.com
- Click on the "Billing" menu item
- Statements are available for the current semester. If you have questions or need more detail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send an email to email@example.com to request a copy.
- Ambrose may have requested a portion of your loan to come directly to the institution. Check with your province to see disbursement amounts and dates.
- Additional Information can be found here: https://ambrose.edu/student-loans
Deferred Payment Options
Rotessa Managed Payment Plan (deferred payments only)
You can pay your tuition in 4 equal payments over a semester to settle your account before the new semester begins.
To defer payment in this way requires:
- A valid Canadian bank account
- $75 per semester
- $25 (plus GST) for each NSF payment
For any questions or subsequent applications email:firstname.lastname@example.org.