ASC What we do
Ambrose Student Council wants to be a helpful resource to our student body. We use the semester-based student association fee to fund many programs, supports, and activities.
THE AMBROSE STUDENT COUNCIL PROVIDES...
A variety of clubs to participate in.
The Ambrose Student Council is pleased to support and fund clubs at Ambrose University! Click here to learn more about clubs at Ambrose.
A comprehensive health and dental plan.
You will be automatically enrolled in the health and dental plan if:
- Undergrad – in a degree program and registered in a minimum of 9 credit hours
- Graduate/Seminary – in a degree program and registered in 1 or more credit hours.
The cost of the plan for the 2022-2023 Policy Year (September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2023) is $502 for undergraduate students and $512 for seminary students. For more information, including coverage, forms and documents, and support please visit studentvip.ca
For the fall semester, the opt-out period opens on September 1, 2022 and opt-out submissions are due by September 30, 2022. For the winter semester (new students only), the opt-out period opens on January 1, 2023 and opt-out submissions are due by January 31, 2023.
Please note that you will need to provide proof of comparable coverage in order to opt-out. You can submit your opt-out request online via studentvip.ca when the opt-out period opens.
If you have any questions or concerns, please connect with our VP of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org
A sizable benevolence fund.
One of the resources that the Ambrose Student Council provides for the student body is a benevolence fund in case of emergency. This fund was created to support students struggling financially and to help relieve financial pressure during their time studying at Ambrose.
To be Eligible for the Benevolence Fund a student must be:
- A current Ambrose student (also including students onSite, internship, etc.)
- Experiencing some sort of recognizable emergency situation (i.e. serious illness or death in the family).
- The maximum amount a student may receive is $1,500 per school year.
- Certain expenses will not be covered: tuition, books, vehicle needs, luxury items, or entertainment.
If you have any questions about this fund and if it is applicable to you, contact our VP Finance at email@example.com
A wide cache of accessible personal welfare resources
This is dedicated to connecting you to resources to ensure that you succeed at Ambrose, not only academically but emotionally and spiritually.
Mental Welfare Resources
For more information on services offered or to book an appointment with one of our wonderful on campus counsellors you can visit ambrose.edu/counselling.
Spiritual Welfare Resources
Between the Student Council and Student Life's spiritual life resources, students have access to many events, pastoral contacts, and spaces dedicated to spiritual enrichment.
- Ambrose Chapels occur on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Ambrose Chapels are also available via youtube.
- ASC Firehouse worship nights are scheduled monthly and occur from 6:30 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. Watch the ASC Instagram for dates and times!
- The Kirk Prayer Room is a lovely stained-glass room on the second floor of the main building at the end of the main faculty wing corridor.
- Spiritual Emphasis Days, such as Ambrose Day of Prayer and the Deeper Life Conference, occur during the year and are available to all students.
- Visit Ambrose University's Spiritual Life webpage for more information.
Academic Welfare Resources
Ambrose University provides many different academic resources to help students through the rigors of post-secondary education.
The Ambrose Student Council is present and ready to advocate for students who are facing challenges with faculty, staff, and classes and Ambrose University. Below is a word from the council member responsible for academic advocacy, Vice President of Internal Relations, Alexsana Butt.
If you are facing challenges with faculty, staff, or classes, and would like to explore courses of action, email Alexsana at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting.