Skip to main content

Register for Accessibility

  • support Accessibility


Students requesting Academic Accommodations through Accessibility Services are required to contact the Accessibility & Student Support Coordinator each semester.  The Accessibility Coordinator will be the key you need to help navigate the academic barriers you might experience while attending Ambrose.  They will educate you on the processes related to different accommodations that are available to you and what type of documentation you will need to receive these supports.

Are you newly diagnosed with a disability and are unsure of the supports Ambrose has to offer?

  • See a list of Types of Accessibility Services offered at Ambrose University for those with documented disabilities.
  • Connect with our office to discuss your options.

Register as an Accessibility Student

Complete 3 steps once you are a student at Ambrose:

Step 1 
Complete the Registration and Consent for Services form.

  • This form helps our Accessibility & Student Coordinator understand where you're coming from and gives us consent to act on your behalf.

Step 2
Submit your disability documentation to the Accessibility & Student Support Coordinator.

  • Documentation must indicate the impact your disability(ies)/condition(s) have on you in an academic setting.  Optionally, it may identify or recommend specific accommodations and supports that would reduce the barriers you encounter. 
  • Not sure what documentation is required? See chart below.
  • If you are unsure if the documentation you have is appropriate, don't hesitate to ask!

Step 3
Book an appointment with the Accessibility & Student Support Coordinator.

When you meet with the Accessibility Coordinator you will:


Funding & Grants

Did you know you could qualify for government funding and grants offered to students with a medically documented disability?

  • Look for more details on the Funding and Grants page
  • The Accessibility Coordinator has all the details and plays a crucial role for having government funding and grants approved for your educational needs.
  • Funding can take time to coordinate. Making an appointment with the Accessibility & Student Support Coordinator as early as possible is advised.

Further Resources

  • For a more in depth online resource on how you can begin planning for post-secondary, please refer to the Transition Planning Guide by the Government of Alberta.

Type of Disability

Documentation Requirements

Deaf, Hearing Impaired

  • Audiologist report, or
  • Letter from physician with an explanation of the degree of hearing loss

Blind, Visually Impaired

  • Specialist’s report, or
  • Letter from physician with a description of the functional limitations

Learning Disability

  • Psycho-Educational report from a Psychologist, or
  • Neuro-psychological report


  • Speech language pathologist’s report

Mobility Impairment

  • Specialist’s report, or
  • Letter from physician with explanation of nature of disability as functional limitation


  • Psychologist’s report, or
  • Neuropsychological report, or
  • Letter from a psychiatrist, or
  • Letter from a physician with details about the diagnosis

Psychiatric or Psychological

  • Psychologist’s report with DSM diagnosis or
  • Letter from a psychiatrist with DSM diagnosis or
  • Letter from a physician with details about diagnosis including DSM

Autism Spectrum Disorder

  • Psychologist’s report or
  • Letter from a psychiatrist

Brain Injury/Cognitive Impairment

  • Neuro-psychological report, or
  • Report/assessment from a psychiatrist

Medical Concerns

  • Letter from a physician describing functional limitation, or
  • Documentation of Medical Condition or Temporary Impairment

Examples of other Permanent Disabilities:


  • Chronic Fatigue: detailed letter from physician
  • Irlen Syndrome: assessment report from a certified Irlen Screener