Student Leadership Application Process
Welcome to the Student Leadership application process. This webpage has everything you need to know about the application process. If you are applying, please read the Ambrose University Student Leadership Statement to get a sense of who we are and what our mission and vision is at Ambrose. Student Leaders are significant culture shapers on and off campus and we pray God’s leading and blessing over you as you apply.
Application Process & Dates
Jan 16 Applications for ALL leadership positions are open
Jan 24 Student Leader Hiring Fair, Noon in the Lower Atrium
Feb 2 ASC President and VP applications due by midnight
Feb 3 ALL other applications due by midnight (except Peer Tutors)
Feb 6-10 Student Council Elections & Interviews
Feb 13-17 Student Council and Student Leader Interviews
Feb 24-28 Leadership Acceptance and Denial emails sent by staff
Mar 2 Student acceptance of position deadline
Mar 15 Peer Tutor applications close
Mar 31 Recruitment Ambassador applications close
STUDENT COUNCIL APPLICANTS for President and VPs WILL GO THROUGH AN ELECTION PROCESS.
ALL OTHER APPLICANTS MAY RECEIVE AN INVITATION FOR AN INTERVIEW (BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR AMBROSE EMAIL)
Ambrose University Student Leadership Statement
Ambrose University is a Christian university. Leaders are change makers and culture shapers and as such there are certain expectations for all students who take on leadership roles at Ambrose. It is our hope that student leaders are shaped by their leadership experience just as they contribute to shaping the experience and culture of Ambrose.
The Student Life department locates its identity and purpose in the Mission of Ambrose University. We are focused on Jesus and Christ-likeness. We work to foster a vibrant redemptive community of grace, truth, and love that is marked by belonging and inclusion. Living in tension is valued and it is key for a robust learning environment. We are committed to developing and training student leaders for successful service to a diverse student body. We are committed to mentoring student leaders and supporting them in their role and in their personal lives.
We invite students who want to serve alongside Student Life staff into student leadership. By accepting the role of student leader at Ambrose University, Student leaders affirm that they understand and endorse the identity and mission of the university and Student Life-including its faith commitment and core values and, in so doing, commit themselves to working in good faith within their own sphere of responsibility toward the success and flourishing of Ambrose. Respecting that Jesus is at the centre of everything we do, we ask that student leaders strive to exemplify Jesus in their actions and demonstrate Christian commitment in thought, word and deed.
Ambrose University prepares men and women for wise, joyful, and redemptive engagement in the church, society, and the created order through excellent Christian post-secondary education. [Formally adopted by the Board of Governors, November, 2015]
We are committed to these enduring mission-related values:
- We believe that Christ is the centre of what we do. We seek to live lives devoted to serving Christ, and we pursue His will with bold confidence in His sovereign power and purposes.
- We are ecumenically minded, broadly evangelical, and rooted in the holiness traditions of the Christian and Missionary Alliance of Canada and the Church of the Nazarene.
- We believe that every person is created in the image of God and worthy of dignity and respect.
- We integrate faith and learning and anchor our teaching and research within the Christian intellectual and spiritual tradition.
From these beliefs and practices flow the rest of our institutional values:
- We encourage our students, faculty, and staff to be intellectually curious.
- We promote conversations about difficult issues that are marked by both courage and charity.
- We provide high-quality education as well as co-curricular experiences that prepare students for their future lives and vocations.
- We pursue excellence in all that we do. Our efforts evidence love, wisdom, thoughtfulness, knowledge, scholarship, and skill.
- We are accountable to the Government of Alberta, our accrediting bodies, and our founding denominations. We also recognize our obligation to provide students with the learning environment set forth in the Academic Calendar.
- We assert that Ambrose is a place where students develop virtues, grow in character, acquire life skills, and prepare for future vocations.
- We wrestle together with the hard questions of life and faith.
- We create intentional, holistic, formational experiences in and out of the classroom.
- We model lifelong perseverance in intellectual and spiritual formation.
- We strive to integrate faith and active service to the world.
- We commit to shaping servant leaders who will honour Christ in their vocations.
- We shape culture through our scholarship, research, and artistic expression.
- We believe that spiritual, personal, and academic development is best accomplished within the context of a Christian community that worships and glorifies God.
- We collaborate to foster a welcoming, hospitable, generous, just, and truth-telling community that strives to fulfill the university’s mission.
- We seek the welfare of students, one another, and the external community
ASC Constitution & Bylaws
ASC (Undergraduate), Director and Administrative
- The Director of Community Life plans and facilitates events such as Kick-off and the Amby’s and creates a thriving community on campus.Effective Date: May 1, 2023
- The Director of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion promotes advocacy on campus for those who may need it and educates students on social issues and how to help.Effective Date: May 1, 2023
- To inform the student body of events and opportunities around the university using the most relevant platforms (social media, posters, announcement videos, residence floor meeting announcements etc.) and providing a means for students to participate in…Effective Date: May 1, 2023
- The Director of Operations helps ensure that the ASC runs smoothly by organizing clubs, helping the VP Internal where needed and ensure that ASC initiatives are operating.Effective Date: May 1, 2023
- The Director of Spiritual Life is highly involved in the spiritual formation and spiritual development of the Ambrose Community. They are accountable to the Executive team and the Campus Chaplain to promote vibrant, thoughtful, historically-grounded, and…Effective Date: May 1, 2023
- The Director of Wellness promotes a healthy campus by created events that promote mental health awareness as well as advocating for and providing students with the help they may need.Effective Date: May 1, 2023
- The Executive Assistant is there to help the ASC President or the other ASC members with any help they may need.Effective Date: May 1, 2023
ASC (Undergraduate), Executive
- The ASC President will coordinate and direct the efforts of the Student Council and serves as the general point of contact for concerns regarding the Student Association.Effective Date: May 1, 2023
- VP External serves as a point person on external committees to the ASC and advocates for students and the university.Effective Date: May 1, 2023
- VP Internal requires a commitment to stewarding student fees, ensuring that they go to effective use in terms of events to happen, ensuring that events that are approved will be beneficial towards the student populous, and supporting the rest of the…Effective Date: May 1, 2023
- As a member of Athletics and Campus Recreation Department, this person is to aid the Ambrose Athletics staff in accomplishing the delivery of the Ambrose Campus Recreation program, including roles such as planning, leading, assisting, and promoting…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
- The Lions Athletics Sports Article Writer will be responsible for writing sports articles and game recaps for Lions Athletics predominantly for Game Day and website presence, but also potentially for other places of communication like the ACAC website,…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
- A Student Athlete Leadership Team member is an ambassador of Lions Athletics. They act as a representative council of their fellow student athletes, provide feedback to the Athletics Department, engage and lead in various Athletic Events, and take part…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
Commuter Life Leaders
- The Commuter Life Leader (CLL) is crucial in helping to establish a community environment within the Watkins Commuter Collegium that is conducive to academic, spiritual, and social development, primarily through building intentional relationships with…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
- As part of the Student Life team, the Senior Commuter Life Leader (SCLL) is crucial in establishing a community environment within the Watkins Commuter Collegium that is conducive to academic, spiritual, and social development, primarily through a…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
Peer Health Outreach Team
- The Peer Health Advocate (PHA) is a student leader who is passionate about experiencing health and wellness personally, and seeing their peers experience health and wellness. This student leader isn’t afraid to talk about difficult topics such as Gender…Effective Date: August 28, 2024
Peer Tutor, Tutoring Services
- Please Apply Here for a Peer Tutor position. Peer tutors working for Student Academic Success will help other students develop their academic writing, research, and communication skills and/or subject-specific knowledge (i.e. knowledge of chemistry,…Effective Date: September 1, 2023
- Please Apply Here for a Recruitment Ambassador Position. Closes March 31 The recruitment and admissions office at Ambrose is looking for enthusiastic, reliable, hard-working Ambrose students to play a key role in various on and off campus events! …Effective Date: September 1, 2023
- To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or drop off at Ambrose Reception. Closes March 31 As a Senior Recruitment Ambassador (SRA) you will have the opportunity to develop leadership, communication, and administration…Effective Date: September 1, 2023
- The role of the Residence Assistant is to work with Student Life to promote an atmosphere on campus that aligns with the aims and objectives of Ambrose and thus facilitates an atmosphere conducive to the spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
Spiritual Life Leaders
- The purpose of chapel at Ambrose is for students, faculty, and staff to worship God and be spiritually nourished; the role of chapel worship leaders is to help facilitate this by leading musical worship alongside a team of musicians. The Chaplain and the…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
- Position Summary: To help foster Christian community and discipleship on campus. This includes leading a weekly Community Group on campus, as well as helping to facilitate opportunities for community with other students who desire to grow spiritually.…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
- As part of the Seminary Student Leadership Team, the Seminary Student President is crucial in establishing a community environment within the Seminary Community that is conducive to spiritual and social development, primarily through a leadership role to…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
- As part of the Seminary Student Leadership Team, the VP of Communications is crucial in establishing a community environment within the Seminary Community that is conducive to spiritual and social development, primarily through a role of support to both…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
- As part of the Seminary Student Leadership Team, the VP of Operations is crucial in establishing a community environment within the Seminary Community that is conducive to spiritual and social development, primarily through a role of support to both the…Effective Date: August 28, 2023
- As part of the Seminary Student Leadership Team, the VP of Spiritual Life is crucial in establishing a community environment within the Seminary Community that is conducive to spiritual and social development, primarily through a support role to the SSLT…Effective Date: August 28, 2023