Accreditations and Affiliations
Ambrose Seminary is an accredited institution with the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and has been an accredited member since 1989. This accreditation indicates that Ambrose Seminary complies with the ATS accrediting standards. The following Seminary degree programs are accredited under ATS standards: Master of Theological Studies, Master of Christian Studies, Master of Intercultural Ministries, Master of Leadership and Ministry, Master of Divinity. Concerns raised by students related to the ATS standards are to be addressed using the procedures outlined in the Joint Grievance Policy. Concerns relating to accreditation are to be discussed with the Academic Dean. The President is responsible for keeping a record of such concerns. ATS reserves the right to review any complaints related to ATS standards.
Contact the ATS Commission at:
The Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada
The Commission on Accrediting
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275 USA
Ambrose University holds membership/affiliation with the following associations:
- Alberta Colleges Athletic Converence
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- American Theological Library Association
- Association of Christian Continuing Education Schools and Seminaries (ACCESS)
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Association of Registrars of Universities and Colleges in Canada (ARUCC)
- Association of Schools of the American Institute of Holy Land Studies (Jerusalem University College)
- Calgary Health Region and the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region as a seminary of register for clinical pastoral education
- Canadian Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC)
- Christian Higher Education Canada
- Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
The CCCU is a higher education association of more than 150 international Christian institutions from around the world, whose mission is to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education by faithfully relating scholarship and service to Biblical truth.
- North America Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals (NACCAP)
- Society of the Advancement of Continuing Education in Ministry (SACEM)
- Western Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges in Canada (WARUCC)
Ambrose University is the official post-secondary institution of The Alliance Canada and the Church of the Nazarene in Canada. Ambrose University welcomes students from approximately 40 denominations on campus each year, enhancing our rich and diverse campus community.
Church-Embedded Certificate in Leadership
An agreement between Beulah Alliance Church (Beulah) and Ambrose Seminary provides opportunity for students preparing for ministry within the local church context to take courses as part of the Ambrose Certificate in Leadership. Courses are offered throughout the year in a variety of formats. Students will apply and meet the necessary admissions and program requirements from Beulah in addition to Ambrose requirements. Contact the Office of the Registrar.