Should a request for a time extension on coursework exceed the end of the term, a Coursework Extension Application must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar. The extension (if granted) will be recorded on the student record. Extensions are granted at the discretion of the instructor and are normally granted for 30 days beyond the last day of the term.
Normally, Course Extension Applications will be considered only when all of the following conditions are met:
- the quality of prior course work has been satisfactory;
- circumstances beyond your control, such as an extended illness or death of a family member, make it impossible for you to complete the course work on time; and
- you submit Coursework Extension Application to the Office of the Registrar on or before the deadline specified in the Academic Schedule.
If granted, time extensions do not excuse you from a final examination where one has been scheduled for the course.
A temporary grade of TX will be assigned until a final grade is submitted in accordance with the new deadline. A final grade of F will apply to:
- all course work submitted after the end of the semester unless a coursework extension has been granted; and
- all course work submitted after the revised due date provided by an approved extension to coursework.