The Purpose of an Ambrose Education
Ambrose University prepares men and women for wise, joyful and redemptive engagement in the church, society and the created order through excellent Christian post-secondary education.
We are committed to these enduring mission-related values:
- We believe that Christ is the centre of what we do. We seek to live lives devoted to serving Christ, and we pursue His will with bold confidence in His sovereign power and purposes.
- We are ecumenically minded, broadly evangelical, and rooted in the holiness traditions of the Christian and Missionary Alliance of Canada and the Church of the Nazarene.
- We believe that every person is created in the image of God and worthy of dignity and respect.
- We integrate faith and learning and anchor our teaching and research within the Christian intellectual and spiritual tradition.
From these beliefs and practices flow the rest of our institutional values:
- We encourage our students, faculty, and staff to be intellectually curious.
- We promote conversations about difficult issues that are marked by both courage and charity.
- We provide high-quality education as well as co-curricular experiences that prepare students for their future lives and vocations.
- We pursue excellence in all that we do. Our efforts evidence love, wisdom, thoughtfulness, knowledge, scholarship, and skill.
- We are accountable to the Government of Alberta, our accrediting bodies, and our founding denominations. We also recognize our obligation to provide students with the learning environment set forth in the Academic Calendar.
- We assert that Ambrose is a place where students develop virtues, grow in character, acquire life skills, and prepare for future vocations.
- We wrestle together with the hard questions of life and faith.
- We create intentional, holistic, formational experiences in and out of the classroom.
- We model lifelong perseverance in intellectual and spiritual formation.
- We strive to integrate faith and active service to the world.
- We commit to shaping servant leaders who will honour Christ in their vocations.
- We shape culture through our scholarship, research, and artistic expression.
- We believe that spiritual, personal, and academic development is best accomplished within the context of a Christian community that worships and glorifies God.
- We collaborate to foster a welcoming, hospitable, generous, just, and truth-telling community that strives to fulfill the university’s mission.
- We seek the welfare of students, one another, and the external community.